Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blog Self-Interview

The purpose of N.E.R.G. is to inform the public on the various types of energies out there in the world, like solar or geothermal or hydro. I am trying to write this for anyone and everyone to read so that they can learn more about energy. I believe that as of now I have succeeded in doing what I set out to do and have lived up to the purpose I set for this blog. It is possible that I have been overlooking some of the more learned people out there, as I have made my posts fairly easy to follow, and maybe too easy, not really delving into the more technical aspects behind energy.

I would really like readers to respond more to my posts, which I can help facilitate by asking for their opinion on a certain matter instead of just telling my side. In order to expand my audience, I will start diversifying the subjects I tackle and talk about some lesser known energy productions out there.
I've tried to keep a somewhat neutral tone, informing my audience of the facts, and then, at the end, giving my personal opinion, so that people can see where I stand o
n the issue. By writing this blog, I am hoping to get comfortable writing about and discussing science-related topics with other people, and I would like others to get the same out of it, as well as not being afraid to express their opinions.

I believe the strengths of my blog are that it is easy to understand, and the topic is one that many people have opinions and thoughts on, so it can gain a following. The weaknesses behind it are that it might be a little too general, covering a little bit on a lot of topics, so I do not go into too much detail on some forms of energy where there might be a bigger following.

I think I have used the deficit model to an extent in a couple of my posts, but not too much so. I try to give the information and then explain what it means, but I am not sure because some people can see different things when they read it. I have characterized science as a beneficial subject to study so that the reader can understand the issues better, and I have characterized myself as someone that is interested in this certain subject, but is not a know-it-all on the subject, so people can somewhat relate if they are not a big energy buff or anything.

Self-Evaluation:
I believe right now that I have a "C" blog because I have just done the required amount of posts on the topics assigned. I always reference an article or blogpost that I have read about somewhere and then give my reaction to it. I feel that I am getting close to a "B" blog if I can write a few more posts each week, which I feel I will be able to do in the upcoming weeks when I get into the swing of things this semester and get used to the new workload. I like to keep my posts somewhat interesting (they are to me at least) so that I can get some people to follow them and comment on them, so hopefully it works. I am having a great time writing this blog because it's not too often that I get to write down all my thoughts like this, and always being on the lookout for the next story to write about keeps me up to date with all the goings on in the world that are related to energy. I know I need to step it up and will do so in these coming weeks to make my blog at the very least a "B" level blog, and maybe even an "A" blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment